I’m back this month, but I needed a break in January. Needed it bad.
Lots of people do because basically January sucks…..because……
- the novelty of living in snow country is pretty much old news and slipping on the ice hiding under the snow is a bitch
- nothing good on TV to watch and the local theatre clearly doesn’t pay attention to award-winning movies
- the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party of politics south of our border (that doesn’t have a wall and doesn’t need one) is making me weary with basically a new reality every single day based on the whims of the man with little hands and less respect for the truth
- I’m ensnared and yet helpless in watching someone want to die which is a very, very terrible thing
- 20 below celsius is just plain nasty
- this whole deafness thing is just plain nasty and I’m frustrated
- this whole “ate too many Christmas cookies” muffin top thing is just plain nasty
Yup, not sorry to see January gone but I survived by emersing myself in home, family and a good place to go to work everyday.
And now, I look forward to spring coming. The days are getting long enough to go for walks with Jasmine after work and not worry about meeting a lynx or other critter in the dark. And although this weekend brought a foot or so of fresh snow, it will shrink with a few sunny days.
Into February I go; booked a trip to San Diego next month to feel some “no snow”, booked a new test for my hearing stuff, stopped gobbling cookies to lose the muffin top and am remembering to laugh and love. Even when it’s hard sometimes.
Thanks, Pipy the parrot for illustrating the month for me. You make me smile.
4 thoughts on “the past month or so”
Isn’t it amazing how our animal friends mimic our feelings? Just think, the groundhog saw his shadow so only 6 more weeks of winter. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, Atticsister….comforting thought:(
LikeLiked by 1 person
Really good to hear from you again! I had a tough January, too. Not as tough as yours, so I’m not complaining. Just sayin’. But things are looking up. Heading to Maui tomorrow! Not coming back until May 1. I’ll miss eleven hockey games, but that will give my dislocated shoulder a chance to heal a bit more. So much for my theory that you heal faster as you get older. Horse pucky! Here’s a glass of cab sauv to a little more sunshine every day from here on in.
Sent from my iPhone
Cheers, my friend! Time spent in Maui is good for the body and soul – slow down, enjoy the ocean breezes and say Hi to the whales for me.